Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Debut



love to ride. I really do. I started to ride a bike since I was in primary school. I just remember the day that my dad bought me a bicycle in 1978. I was in standard 3. My first bike just cost RM90. But I managed to keep my first machine until form 3. Well I must confesed that I've done some refurbished to make it look MEAN......Hehehe just a small change. I'm replaced the old short fork with the long straighten one...just to make it easier to do some wheelie.....No mudguard and no brake at all. I almost bought a racing bike from my friend. He want to sell a racing bike to me and I do want it badly. Well he gave me a chance to ride it home for a week. Then my mom scolded me for bringing an unknown bike back home. The price is not an issue but she doubt about the bike. She's afraid that the bike was stolen. Oh mannnnn....in order to be an obedient son. ...I put my strenght to say NO I CANT BUY THAT LOVELY MACHINE. Hey nothing to lose becoz my dad replaced it with a brand new old fashion bike. That bike accompanied me until i finished my form 6 at Methodist. Then I fully disconnected with bike and started to use BAS MINI......right after I've been accepted to work as a clerk in KL in 1989. No bike No Pedaling No Sweating.....In 1991 I was offered to trained as a teacher in Institut Perguruan Sultan Idris, Tanjung Malim Perak. Still no sign of interest to ride a bike but I do had a new hobby. I managed to get a new FENDER.....err not a bike fender but a guitar. Yet after finished training, I was posted to served at various school in Petaling Jaya , Perak and Sarawak. In 2002 I was teaching in Sekolah Menengah Sg Kruit Sungkai. LTDL was performed just outside my school. Oh my god...that was awesome to watched a colorful peloton waved the highway. On that moment I started dreaming to be a rider. I bought a new China made mountain bike without a shockbar just cost around RM250. I ride along sungkai town every afternoon to enjoyed the view of Titiwangsa Plateu. 2008 after 5 year I went back to Sarawak with my wife and kids I started to think about maintaining my health. At 40th birthday I bought myself a new EXITWAY DALLAS moutainbike. I dress up myself with briko ride shirt, Padded Fox cycling tight and Roadbike helmet. I started to ride along Sri Aman Town. Until one day I found a group of 5 cycler paddling around and managed to join them ever since. I feel addicted with MTB. I always surf the BBS website and read alot of MTB magazine. My eldest son Munawar also interested with MTB. I bought him a MR SUB Exitway and always riding along side. With my new friend Ridhuan he encourage me to upgrade my bike. I went to Teluk Intan to visit my dad, and managed to buy a new KHS 6061 alloy frame, I bought a Suntour shockbar and......my bike transformed again.Well I ended the story about my experience. For those who love to ride just grab your bike and start to feel the fun.

0 comments: